MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Information collected and stored automatically
When you browse, read pages, or download information on this website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
• The Internet domain of your service provider (e.g. telone.co.zw) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web) from which you access our website.
• The date and time you accessed our site.
• The pages/URLs you have visited and
• If you reached this website from another website, the address of that referring website.
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data, we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits
When you visit some websites, they may download small pieces of software on your computer/browsing device known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognise your computer in the future. We only use non-persistent cookies or “per- session cookies”.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through this website. These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are deleted as soon as you leave our website. The cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears
• This Government computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. All these efforts are meant for site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users,
• Except for authorised law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular deletion.
• Unauthorised attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Cyber Act of Zimbabwe
If you send us personal information
We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you (for example, to respond to your questions or provide subscriptions you have chosen). If you choose to provide us with personal information— like filling out a Contact Us form, with an e-mail address or postal address, and submitting it to us through the website—we use that information to respond to your message, and to help you get the information you have requested. We only share the information you give us with another Government agency if your question relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law.
Our website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address for a localised response to any incoming questions or comments to us, we recommend that you do NOT include any other personal information.
Generally, this website does not collect Personal Information about you when you visit the site. You can generally visit the site without revealing Personal Information, unless you choose to provide such information.
Site Visit data:
This website records your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes: -your server’s address; the name of the top-level domain from which you access the Internet (for example, .gov, .com, .zw, etc.); the type of browser you use; the date and time you access the site; the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded; and the previous Internet address from which you linked directly to the site.
We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except when a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs
Your email address will only be recorded if you choose to send a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and will not be disclosed, without your consent.
Collection of Personal Information:
If you are asked for any other Personal Information you will be informed how it will be used if you choose to give it. If at any time you believe the principles referred to in this privacy statement have not been followed, or have any other comments on these principles, please notify the webmaster through the contact us page.
Note: The use of the term “Personal Information” in this privacy statement refers to any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained