- Preparation of the Recurrent estimates of expenditure with a view of ensuring quality services in line with Government priorities.
- Disbursement of Recurrent Budget to Line Ministries and Parastatals
- Consider and recommend, approval of any changes in conditions of service including revision of salaries, allowances applicable to all categories of officers and employees in the Public Service and the Uniformed Services and overall establishment control involving the creation, regrading, conversion and abolition of posts.
- Mainstream Results Based Budgeting
- Production of Budget Performance Reports
Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP)
- Formulation and management of the Capital Budget in line with Government priorities
- Recommend the approval of Parastatals’ capital budgets management of the Public Sector Investment Programme including project execution, monitoring and evaluation
- Production of the Capital Budget performance reports.
Implementation and Monitoring Unit (IMU)
- Monitoring of projects/programmes under implementation
- Ensuring that funds disbursed to projects are being applied as per authorised implementation plan.
- Expenditure tracking
- Institutionalisation on the monitoring function