- Human resources management.
- Training and development
- Staff welfare and safety Stores and assets management
- Procurement of goods and services
- Preparation and management of the Ministry’s Budget
- Processing of payments and receipts
- Processing of Parastatals under the Ministry’s requests to Treasury
- Preparation of monthly, annual reports and returns.
- Advising Government on all Debt Management issues including the development of a coherent Medium Term Debt Management Strategy MTDS);
- Conducting on a regular basis debt sustainability analysis (DSA);
- Assessing borrowing needs of Government and producing a borrowing plan for Treasury;
- Recording and production of accurate debt data statistics, including annual debt statistics bulletin ;
- Monitoring disbursements of all loans and grants and debt service payments;
- Managing public debt information systems.
- Conduct data validation and reconciliation with all creditors on a regular basis.
- Maintain records of all debt contracts, disbursements, and debt restructuring
- To monitor the financial administration and procedures of the Ministry
to ensure that:
a. proper accounting and bookkeeping transactions and procedures are carried out; and
b. proper accounting records are maintained; and
c. adequate internal checks and controls are observed; and
d. assets under the control of the Ministry or reporting unit are properly accounted for; and
- Instructions and directions issued in terms of the Public Finance Management Act are complied with.
- To assess the cost –effectiveness of any projects undertaken by the Ministry;
- To perform any other function that may be assigned by the accounting officer of the Ministry.
- Mobilise International Financial and Technical Resources, through the negotiation and conclusion of loan, grant & technical assistance agreements, lines of credit with private, bilateral and multilateral financial institutions to finance development programmes.
- Ensure the efficient and effective coordination & management of international financial & technical resources extended to Zimbabwe.
- Compilation and analysis of official aid inflows Aid Bulletin) into the country for macroeconomic policy formulation.
- Analyse policy documents from development partners, regional and international financial institutions, such as IMF, World Bank, PTA, Afrexim bank and AfDB, etc, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Participate in IMF/World Bank/African Development Bank/PTA/ACBF Annual Meetings, as well as, Constituency Meetings.